[Xymon] Xymon Notes Editor

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 18:30:07 CET 2017

Hi Galen,

I have been trying to get your Xymon Notes Editor working.  I have fixed a
number of issues in the code or with your instructions, but I'm stuck on
probably the last issue.

Most of the issues may be caused by your code getting munged when you
uploaded it to Xymonton - I'm not sure.  For example I needed to add a few
carriage returns:
Line 24 and before 'HTML':
Can't find string terminator "HTML" anywhere before EOF at
/usr/share/xymon/cgi-secure/bbnote_editor.cgi line 161
As well as somewhere around:
Unmatched right curly bracket at
/usr/share/xymon/cgi-secure/bbnote_editor.cgi line 46, at end of line

But I still have this error and I'm not sure where the issue really is
because this is the end of the file:
Missing right curly or square bracket at
/usr/share/xymon/cgi-secure/bbnote_editor.cgi line 234, at end of line

With the instructions, there should have been instructions to install
perl-CGI and create the www/notes directory.

Can you help with EOF right clurly or square bracket error please?  And /
or try re-uploading to Xymon, or posting a copy of the code for download
either from this list or from somewhere else.  A download saves time if
anyone else wants to use this too.

Many thanks, SebA