[Xymon] script alerts args

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Sat Dec 2 17:52:10 CET 2017

It's almost like I know what I'm doing.  I just wrapped it in quotes and pipe delimited it then added to my script to parse it (it's script to post to Slack channels that needed to be fed a channel since I changed how I wanted to separate the alerts).  Just added the following and it basically just worked...

SCRIPT /path/to/script 'webhook|channelname'

?

# Parse the recipient to get the channel and key
VAR=`echo $RCPT | awk -F "|" '{ print "webhook="$1; print "channel="$2 }'`
eval $VAR

It really was that simple...

?=G=