[Xymon] Xymon Issue : some monitors not displayed on xymon page

Jain, Mohit Mohit.Jain at colt.net
Thu Aug 31 07:42:50 CEST 2017

Hi Team,

We have observed that  some devices are not being displayed  on xymon page.

There is no change in configuration and  it was working fine few days ago.

While we search the same through find host option, we found  the device. After clicking on that search  link  the devices/monitor wasn't available on next page.

Please find core dump output for xymonpage.

[xymon at cmspg-mn36 server]$ gdb bin/xymonpage /opt/xymon/core.26958
GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.2-75.el6)
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /opt/rxymon/server/bin/xymonpage...done.

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
[New Thread 26958]
Reading symbols from /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
Core was generated by `xymond --pidfile=/var/log/xymon/xymond.pid --restart=/opt/xymon/server/tmp/xymo'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x0000003d1ce32625 in ?? ()
Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install glibc-2.12-1.149.el6_6.7.x86_64
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000003d1ce32625 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000003d1ce33e05 in ?? ()
#2  0x00007fff2fb69688 in ?? ()
#3  0x00007fff2fb69670 in ?? ()
#4  0x00007fff2fb6ee7c in ?? ()
#5  0x0000000000000006 in ?? ()
#6  0x0000003d1cf5758e in ?? ()
#7  0x0000000000000003 in ?? ()
#8  0x00007fff2fb6967a in ?? ()
#9  0x0000000000000006 in ?? ()
#10 0x0000003d1cf57592 in ?? ()
#11 0x0000000000000002 in ?? ()
#12 0x00007fff2fb6966e in ?? ()
#13 0x0000000000000002 in ?? ()
#14 0x0000003d1cf55b43 in ?? ()
#15 0x0000000000000001 in ?? ()
#16 0x0000003d1cf5758e in ?? ()
#17 0x0000000000000003 in ?? ()
#18 0x00007fff2fb69676 in ?? ()
#19 0x000000000000000a in ?? ()
#20 0x0000003d1cf57592 in ?? ()
#21 0x0000000000000002 in ?? ()
#22 0x0000000000000020 in ?? ()
#23 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

Is there any monitors display limit on a single page for xymon?

Please let me know if any details required.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohit Jain

[Colt Disclaimer] This email is from an entity of the Colt group of companies. Colt Group S.A., K2 Building, Forte 1, 2a rue Albert Borschette, L-1246 Luxembourg, R.C.S. B115679. Corporate and contact information for our entities can be found at http://colt.net/uk/en/Colt-Group-of-Companies/index.htm. Internet communications are not secure and Colt does not accept responsibility for the accurate transmission of this message. Content of this email or its attachments is not legally or contractually binding unless expressly previously agreed in writing by Colt