[Xymon] Preferred linux flavor for a server

Galen Johnson solitaryr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 21:06:00 CEST 2017

I would say RHEL variants (like Centos) are the easiest since there are the
Terabithia RPMs that are provided by a maintainer.  I believe Debian
provides Xymon as part of it's official distro list.  Basically, any distro
that provides per-built packages would be the easiest.  If you need to
compile it because you want the latest greatest or want to customize what ,
as long as you have the necessary dependencies it's usually pretty
straightforward.  Over the years, I've compiled it on various linux
distros, Solaris, HPUX, AIX, BSD (I include Slackware in with BSD) with
very few issues.  Basically, it's whatever you feel the most comfortable
with.

=G=