[Xymon] yet another purple paging problem

HENRY Laurent laurent.henry at ehess.fr
Fri Aug 4 12:30:44 CEST 2017

Hello,
Sorry in advance but i can't get rid of purple paging and purple notification on xymon webpage.

By mistrake, i created bad tests in my host.cfg.
As example, a bbd (database) test to a unrelevant host. Which created as expected a red alert. I then removed the test from host.cfg.
Since then, i am warned about purple event i can't remove

I tried these:

- delete data/hist/myserver.bbd
- remove bbd line in data/hist/myserver file
- restart xymond
- tried xymon 127.0.0.1 "drop host.example.com test" procedure i found on google

I still see a purple square icon in the bbd column of that host on my webpage and receive paging mails

I tried to remove anything about this test too in histlogs.
I still notice tracks of this test in server/tmp/alert.chk and xymond.chk too . Trying to remove there does not change anything.

I don't know what to try else.
As an old bb user i was used to just remove logs files about purple events

Could anyone help ?