[Xymon] Alert exclusions and Boolean processing

Scot Kreienkamp Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com
Thu Sep 22 14:41:55 CEST 2016

I think this is what you’re looking for, it’s from the help page on my xymon server.  The help pages can be accessed from the menus at the top of the xymon web pages on your server as well as xymon.com.

There are rules ... and exceptions: IGNORE

A common scenario is where you handle most of the alerts with a wildcard rule, but there is just that one exception where you don't want any cpu alerts from the marketing server on Thursday afternoon. Then it is time for the IGNORE recipient:
               HOST=* COLOR=red
                              IGNORE HOST=marketing.foo.com SERVICE=cpu TIME=4:1500:1800
                              MAIL admin at foo.com