[Xymon] Compiled latest Deb - Web only showing Index of files - Can't figure out what to symlink

FreeSoftwareServers freesoftwareservers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 04:02:01 CEST 2016

I have compiled the latest deb files by hand and installed them, I even have
a working server, but I am trying to replicate it, and I remember having a
lot of trouble the first time around.

No matter what I symlink to the webroot or what I make the webroot, I just
get an index of files.

I have tried making the webroot /var/www/ and /var/www/html.

On my working server I have

root at monitor:/var/www# ls -la | grep xymon

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root     root       22 Aug 23 12:29 xymon ->
/usr/lib/xymon/server/

On my non working server :

donut at xymon:/var/www$ ls -la | grep xymon

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   22 Sep 13 21:53 xymon -> /usr/lib/xymo /server/

But I can't for the life of me get the webpage to render!

donut at xymon:~$ sudo service xymon status

[sudo] password for donut:

Xymon (xymonlaunch) running with PID 1182

donut at xymon:~$ sudo service xymon-client status

Xymon client does not appear to be running

donut at xymon:~$ sudo service xymon-client start

donut at xymon:~$ sudo service xymon-client status

Xymon client does not appear to be running

I always share what I learn!, Tho I havn't posted many of my custom scripts
that are in my jira because I'm busy, but here are some of the stuff I've
posted.

https://www.freesoftwareservers.com/index.php/xymon-home-page/