[Xymon] Unusual dnsreg behaviour

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Sep 1 14:03:52 CEST 2016

Den 30-08-2016 16:26, Richard Jones skrev:

> Hi all.
>
> I have
recently added in the dnsreg script from the xymon.com [1] site
https://www.xymon.com/xymon-cgi/viewconf.sh?dnsreg [2] All appears to be
working well apart from I am getting some strange behaviour for a couple
of domains.

> For some domains I am simply not receiving any data
back, which is causing the test to show red with the following line of
information:

> Domain somedomain.co.uk [3] expires on

I have this
happening on xymon.com also from time to time. I believe it is the whois
lookup that times out, those servers are notoriously unreliable.

Links:
------
[1] http://xymon.com
[2]