[Xymon] Thanks to JC

Jake xymon at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Nov 4 02:02:02 CET 2016

Please pardon the gratuitous noise, but JC's yum repo has saved me at
least a couple of man days in building a Xymon monitor on Centos 7 for a
nonprofit that I now support pro bono, so I want to shout out.

I was a Big Brother-->Hobbit-->Xymon practitioner from roughly the
beginning before retiring a year and a half ago. I do Fedora (and Xymon)
at home, and was a bit out of touch with Red Hat and Centos. Japheth's
repo let me get the basic stuff up and running in an hour, and I'm off
to the races (took a couple of hours to do the Centos 7 netinstall
because it wouldn't DHCP). JC's repo is all the more remarkable given
that RPMFusion is as yet still unable to support Centos 7.

I do still need to work through monitoring, as best I can, an entirely
non-Linux setup. XBlue VOIP phones, Ubiquiti wifi APs, Windows 2008 R2
server with SQL Server, Windows shares over a 3 point VPN.

Also, large thanks to Sean and Henrik.

Regards to all,

Jake