[Xymon] xymon for AIX

Wonder fo wonderfoo2 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 19:48:15 CEST 2016

Thanks for your feedback, Stef.

Follow up on xymon for AIX. Here's what I have gotten on the client host
running AIX7.1

1.  xymon-4.3.27
2.   pcre                        8.32-1    C     R    Perl-compatible
regular
3.  make-4.0-1
          lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     system           27 Jul 24 2014
 /usr/bin/gmake@ ../../opt/freeware/bin/make*

Here's the output with configure.client:

# MAKE=gmake ./configure.client

Configuration script for Xymon client

This script asks a few questions and builds a Makefile to compile Xymon

Checking your make-utility
Xymon normally keeps all of the client configuration files
on the Xymon server. If you prefer, it is possible to use
a local client configuration file instead - if so, answer
'client' to the next question.
NB: Local configuration requires the PCRE libs on each host.

Server side client configuration, or client side [server] ?
client

Checking for the PCRE libraries
Checking for PCRE ...
gmake: cc: Command not found
Makefile.test-pcre:4: recipe for target 'test-compile' failed
gmake: *** [test-compile] Error 127
ERROR: Cannot compile using PCRE library.
gmake: cc: Command not found
Makefile.test-pcre:7: recipe for target 'test-link' failed
gmake: *** [test-link] Error 127
ERROR: Cannot link with PCRE library.
Missing PCRE include- or library-files. These are REQUIRED for xymond
PCRE can be found at http://www.pcre.org/
If you have PCRE installed, use the "--pcreinclude DIR" and "--pcrelib DIR"
options to configure to specify where they are.

Wonder if anything else I missed? Is pcre-devel also a pre-req for xymon
client?

Thanks!