[Xymon] Method to report/list all configured clients and their info.

john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com
Fri May 13 18:44:21 CEST 2016

So, I find this command to be very interesting:

xymoncmd xymon localhost "xymondboard test=info fields=hostname,ip,XMH_ALLPAGEPATHS"

But, if I change it just a bit so that I get only the page name that a host resides on such as this:
xymon 0 "xymondboard host=<HOSTNAME> test=info fields=XMH_ALLPAGEPATHS"

It will return the page name that <HOSTNAME> resides on... UNLESS <HOSTNAME> is not unique and then it will include ALL the page names for hosts that match.

For example, if I put in "host=serverABC123" (and that particular server name is unique) it will return a single page name.  But, if I have multiple servers such as serverABC123, serverABC1, serverAB, & server - the page for every single one of those will be returned.

So, my question is, how can I return a single page for that one specific hostname?

I have tried several variations of the xymondboard command:
- "xymondboard serverAB.testname fields=..."
- "xymondboard host='serverAB' test=info fields=..."
- "xymondboard host=serverAB test=info fields=..."
Etc.

Any ideas how I can get the returned data to be for a single host?

Thanks,
John
Upcoming PTO:
John Rothlisberger
IT Strategy, Infrastructure & Security - Technology Growth Platform
TGP for Business Process Outsourcing
Accenture
312.693.3136 office