[Xymon] HAVE_SETENV should NOT be set for Solaris

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 01:06:59 CEST 2016

> On Mar 28, 2016, at 13:30, J.C. Cleaver <cleaver at terabithia.org> wrote:
>

> On Mon, March 28, 2016 9:00 am, Richard Hamilton wrote:
>> I should have probably mentioned this before; but at least older Solaris
>> (e.g. Solaris 9) does NOT have setenv(); but for some reason,
>> configure.client thinks it does.  Typically once this reminds me, I just
>> edit include/config.h to fix that, remove the .o files, and try again. :-)
>

> Hi,
>
> That's odd. I don't have access to a Solaris box running that at the
> moment, but does ./build/test-setenv.c actually compile successfully
> there?

Nope:

bash-2.05$ cc test-setenv.c -o test-setenv
"test-setenv.c", line 5: warning: implicit function declaration: setenv
setenv                              test-setenv.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to test-setenv
bash-2.05$ nm /usr/lib/libc.so.1|grep setenv
bash-2.05$

Solaris 10 and later has it in libc; but Solaris 9 doesn't.