[Xymon] delayred on conn

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Mar 18 22:27:45 CET 2016

On 3/18/2016 1:08 PM, Bakkies Gatvol wrote:
> Note: Since most tests only execute once every 5 minutes, it will
> usually not make sense to set N to anything but a multiple of 5. *The
> exception is network tests*, since /xymonnet-again.sh
> will re-run failed network tests once a minute for up to 30 minutes.

The exception is to the suggested interval, not the function.

Normal tests run on a set interval, usually every five minutes. Setting
your DELAYRED to 9 minutes isn't much different from setting to to 5
minutes. There is still one failed test with no opportunity for change.

xymonnet test, however, get tossed into the xymonnet-again queue upon
failure. This increases the frequency of the retest. In this case,
setting the DELAYRED to 9 minutes permits four more tests to happen than
setting it to 5 minutes.

But maybe my interpretation is wrong, because I've tried out your test
scenario, see that notation at the bottom of the info-page, and (like
you) don't see any delay of the appearance of red on the info,
parent-page, or non-green screen.

Can anyone confirm that "delayred" is working for them with conn?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration