[Xymon] OS version tags

Johan Karlsson johan.karlsson at deltait.se
Mon Mar 14 17:02:53 CET 2016

Hi!

We have an issue with RHEL7 and xymon-client 4.3.26

In client-local.cfg on our xymon server we have these log rules:

[linux]
log:/var/log/daemon.log:102400
log:/var/log/kern.log:102400
log:/var/log/syslog:102400
log:/var/log/messages:102400
ignore MARK

[rhel3]
log:/var/log/messages:102400
ignore MARK

We have an old RHEL5 server which reports the following to Xymon and thus get matched against [rhel3] in client-local.cfg:

[collector:]
client oldserver,xxx,com.rhel3 rhel3

However, unconfigured the RHEL7 server reports:

[collector:]
client newserver,xxx,com.linux linux

Setting CLIENTOS="rhel3" in /etc/sysconfig/xymon-client only changes the first:

[collector:]
client newserver,xxx,com.rhel3 linux

We need it to report:

[collector:]
client newserver,xxx,com. rhel3 rhel3

Any idea where to change the setting for that?

The issue is that RHEL doesn't have daemon.log, kern.log etc, so these turn up as warnings in the msgs test

Regards,

Johan