[Xymon] Custom Tests

Joshua Hunt joshuasocrates at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:54:03 CEST 2016

Hello again Xymon members,

I'm very new to both Unix systems and Xymon, and I have to say learning
Xymon on a Unix system is currently leaving me pretty stumped for a lot of
things.

Right now I am attempting to create a script that will read the past 20
minutes of a log file, and report an array of values back to Xymon. I am
looking for the end result to have a "green face" if less than five zeroes
are detected, a yellow from 5 - 10, and a red from 10 and up. I have the
script written, but I am unsure how to implement it into Xymon and have the
results printed out when I click on the face beneath the test column.
Results to be viewed after clicking the test column are in the format as
followed:

TIMESTAMP     DATANAME     DATATYPE     FREQUENCY     TIMEFRAME

With respective info included. So how would I go around formatting the end
result of a test to look like this when you clicked for more information?

Cheers all!

Joshua H