[Xymon] Is SNMP a solution

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Jun 16 23:28:24 CEST 2016

I don't think SNMP can be used to monitor log files. At least I can't think
of a way to do ir without using a script.

If you can SSH from another server that can run the xymon client, then you
could setup a reverse tunnel for syslog-over-tcp, and then your task
becomes monitoring the logs on the other server.