[Xymon] reopen_file: Cannot open new file: Permission denied

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jun 8 19:48:35 CEST 2016

(Top posting due to encoding strangeness)

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately, the routine which calls this is used in a number of
different locations so it might be hard to track down w/o more detail.
Approximately what interval does the message occur on when you leave the
session open?

The bulk of the calls to this IIRC are dealing with log file output, and
usually involve reopening both stdout and stderr, so it's most likely log
related. Even in 4.3.17, xymonlaunch should be redirecting the stderr
output to a designated LOGFILE entry in tasks.cfg and/or clientlaunch.cfg;
I'd check either of those for any non-disabled tasks that don't have a
LOGFILE entry and add one in. That should either a) solve the problem, or
b) redirect the re-open error into an appropriate destination, since the
initial reopen is done by xymonlaunch prior to forking.

HTH,

-jc