[Xymon] Couple of hosts stuck in purple after rename

Ribeiro, Glauber glauber.ribeiro at experian.com
Tue Jun 7 17:21:53 CEST 2016

Hello, Xymon list,

I have a problem. I renamed 2 hosts in xymon, following the usual procedure (rename them in hosts.cfg then use the xymon rename command to move the history). I've done this before without problems, but this time something went wrong.

First, the two hosts disappeared from all pages. I restarted xymon server, and they came back, but with all statuses stuck in purple. The data is being received and updated properly, the status is green on the detail page, but remains purple on the summary page.

I have a feeling that removing the temp files and restarting would fix it, but that resets too many other things, and I'm trying to avoid doing that. Any other ideas?

Xymon version: 4.3.7
OS: Linux

Thanks!

glauber