[Xymon] Xymon Client Short Hostname

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 1 21:51:43 CEST 2016

Absolutely true. Also from the Xymon message format documentation:

http://xymon.sourceforge.net/xymon/help/manpages/man1/xymon.1.html

---
"XYMON MESSAGE SYNTAX

This section lists the most commonly used messages in the Xymon protocol.

Each message must begin with one of the Xymon commands. Where a HOSTNAME is specified, it must have any dots in the hostname changed to commas if the Xymon FQDN setting is enabled (which is the default). So the host "www.foo.com", for example, would report as "www,foo,com”."
—

I took a look at the clientlog test on my equipment, under the first [collector] stanza, for all of my equipment: it is FQDN on almost all of my Linux machines, and it is hostname-only on almost all of my Solaris machines.

--
____
||_// the State	 |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ	 | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'