[Xymon] RHEL EXT Script Help

Foster Patch Foster.Patch at accuweather.com
Thu Jul 28 21:05:22 CEST 2016

Hello, I have quite a bit of experience how xymon works in Windows, and recently was given assignments to do some monitoring in Linux. (RHEL 6) Below is my script. It runs with no errors, but my Hobbit page is never propagated with the new monitor. I have also gone to /etc/clientlaunch.cfg and put in the necessary lines to run this script. I am at a loss as to what is wrong, and why it will not propagate. Any help? (XYMSRV has an actual IP Address in it)

#!/bin/sh

. /etc/default/xymon-client

export XYMSRV="xxx.xx.xxx.xx"
export BBHOME="/usr/lib/xymon/client"
export OUTSIDENAME="$CLIENTHOSTNAME"
export BB="${BBHOME}/bin/xymon"
export BBDISP=$XYMSRV
export REALMACHINE="`echo $OUTSIDENAME | sed 's/\./,/g'`"
export TARGETMACHINE="${REALMACHINE}"

export TEST="CFENGINE"

if [ ! "$TEST" ]; then
        exit
fi

if [ "${TARGETMACHINE}" == "${REALMACHINE}" ]; then
LINE="status $REALMACHINE.$TEST green `date`<BR>
<CENTER><I><FONT SIZE=+2>
This machine is not actively running this service in the cluster.
</FONT></I>
</CENTER>
";
                # NOW USE THE BB COMMAND TO SEND THE DATA ACROSS
                #$BB $BBDISP "$LINE"                    # SEND IT TO BBDISPLAY
                $BB $BBDISP "$LINE"                     # SEND IT TO BBDISPLAY

        fi

Thanks,

Foster Patch
Server Technician
AccuWeather
385 Science Park Road, State College, PA 16803
P: 814.235.8650
E: Foster.Patch at accuweather.com<mailto:Foster.Patch at accuweather.com>
E: networkoperations at accuweather.com<mailto:networkoperations at accuweather.com>
http://www.AccuWeather.com<http://www.accuweather.com/>