[Xymon] Host Names

Joshua Hunt joshuasocrates at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 23:21:57 CEST 2016

Hey all,

So I believe this is a simpler problem, however, I'm struggling to fix it
even after reading through the man pages.

Lets take an example host from my hosts.cfg file, call it
"myhost.site.secure". When I look at my Xymon webpage, I want to the header
"testhost" instead of "myhost.site.secure" at the front of the system line.
I can get the name to appear correctly, but when I do, all of my tests stop
producing data. Here are the options I've tried:

NAME:testhost myhost.site.secure
CLIENT:testhost myhost.site.secure
testhost:myhost.site.secure
testhost myhost.site.secure

All of them run into the same problem of data no longer showing up. Anyone
have any idea why this is happening?

Also, as a side question: If I were to add the same host three times under
3 different aliases, with all the network tests disabled, would that cause
any issues within Xymon?

Cheers all,
Joshua