[Xymon] Analysis.cfg Host name help

Nathan Gaston ntgaston at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:34:42 CEST 2016

I am editing my Analysis.cfg file trying to group similar servers together.

I am having unpredictable results and would appreciate some help.

I am trying to get servers grouped with wild cards as such

example:
serverweb1prod
serverweb3prod
serverweb2prod
#V for virtua
serverwebV1prod
serverwebV3prod
serverwebV2prod

To monitor port 80 on all (Physical and Virtual) webservers I have the
following.
HOST=serverweb*prod
        PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]80)$" state=LISTENING TEXT=HTTP

Then in the following block I want to monitor VM tools is running on my VM
webservers.

HOST=serverwebV*prod l
        #Monitor for the service running
        PROC vmtoolsd.exe 1
        #Monitor for the service running
        SVC VMTools startup=automatic status=started

Problem is that my non-virtual web servers are RED because they are looking
for the VMWare Tools services.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help

-N