[Xymon] HTTP test accessible local only

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 29 19:34:47 CET 2016

Hi there,

Figured I could use a little bit of collective wisdom here:

I have an HTTP service that is only accessible from the local machine (either connected to by a local app or a web browser that is launched from the server). I’d like to test that it is available. I don’t need any more specialized functionality than I would have from the HTTP test (maybe I’d set up an HTTP POST to actually log in).

Is there a way to somehow cause the client to do this, without writing an external script, or some other way to do what I’m talking about that I might not have considered?

Thanks!

--
____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu - 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
     `'