[Xymon] How to query all red systems ignoring nopropred hosts

thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com
Wed Jan 27 20:16:24 CET 2016

Thank you JC,

The column XMH_NOPROPRED does it. I can then parse this and match it against the test column.
Direct parsing of the XMH_RAW column is difficult, because it generates a column for each test. So the number of columns is not constant. So I cannot detect which column is a test name and which is the following column:

> xymon 127.0.0.1 "xymondboard color=RED fields=hostname,XMH_RAW,testname"
m068h0037545090|COMMENT:H21 Grossanzeige SGM7|conn
qda68|noconn|dbcheck|NOPROPRED:HitCache,Uptime,MemReq|dbcheck|HitCache
s068a015|COMMENT:QDA Erfassungsserver|testip|nopropred:app|app
s068tw000004|testip|conn|cpu|disk|memory|msgs|netstat|oracle|procs|svcs|COMMENT:T-Server SAP, MES|msgs

You see there are a different number of columns per line. So it is difficult to see if Hitcache is an entry of the host tags or the test which failed. (Ok, it's the last column, so you may count backwards or you can put the XMH_RAW column at the end)

Thorsten