[Xymon] How to query all red systems ignoring nopropred hosts

thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com
Wed Jan 27 18:35:55 CET 2016

Hi

for creating an interface to another monitoring system I want to query the xymon server for a list of all currently red systems.
I can do this with the xymon utility:

xymon 127.0.0.1 "xymondboard color=RED"

But this lists also hosts which have the nopropred tag set and I want to ignore these. The only way I found was querying the config for each red host and search for the tag myself. This can result in very much queries to the xymon server if there are currently much red states.

Is there a nicer way to realize this? Maybe I have missed a filter option. Or maybe I can see the tag in some field supported by the xymondboard's output.

Thanks for help
Thorsten