[Xymon] where does xymon client get tcp packet data?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jan 13 21:38:46 CET 2016

On 1/13/2016 11:21 AM, John Thurston wrote:
> The below relates to linux, xymon 4.3.17
>
> I was going to write a script to collect and report numbers of TCP
> packet retransmissions. But when I look at the 'trends' for this host, I
> see there is already a chart for "TCP/IP statistics" which includes
> "In/Out/Retrans"  - snip -

Ohhh. I think I see. It probably _is_ lining up with the numbers being
reported by nstat. The difficulty is the number is being graphed as
packets/second and plotted on the same chart as IN and OUT packets (also
being graphed in packets/second). My small number of retransmissions is
being lost in the noise of the total volume of packets.

Is there a way to re-define the graph to display a multiple of the
recorded value? Or plot this counter against an alternate y-axis set to
a different scale?

I suppose I could define a new graph to contain only retransmissions so
the small number isn't swamped by the general traffic count.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration