[Xymon] Extraneous DNS queries from Xymon

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jan 6 23:43:48 CET 2016

On 1/6/2016 1:11 PM, J.C. Cleaver wrote:
> Hmm. "noconn" + "testip" should actually be all that's needed here,

Well, I must apologize to everyone for the noise.

It is now behaving exactly as you indicate. I must assume my previous
tests with these tags were somehow invalid. Maybe I wasn't editing the
right file. Maybe I was misspelling 'testip'.

I am able to get adequate behavior by inserting a .default. line
containing 'testip noconn' above my collection of fake names.

xymonnet must be building its table of host name/address pairs before it
looks to see if there are any tests to be run. This isn't terribly
efficient, but obviously not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration