[Xymon] Extraneous DNS queries from Xymon

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jan 6 20:04:00 CET 2016

On 1/6/2016 9:54 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Am 06.01.2016 um 19:38 schrieb John Thurston:
>> I have defined some hosts with fake host names:
>>    0.0.0.0  foo.bar.foo  # noconn
>> - snip - Even adding "testip" to the line doesn't
>> eliminate all of the queries.

> try add
> https://www.xymon.com/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html
> testip
> and noconn

As stated in my original message, 'noconn' is already specified for the
host. Adding 'testip' reduces the number of queries but does not
eliminate them.

I forgot to mention: xymon version 4.3.17 running on CentOS

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration