[Xymon] Unable to Acknowledge Alarms after Update 4.3.26

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Feb 29 18:08:07 CET 2016

On 2/29/2016 7:16 AM, Foster Patch wrote:
> Hello,
> We have dozens of employees that use xymon to monitor various servers
> around the company. After updating to 4.3.26, no one is able to
> acknowledge alarms anymore. I was wondering if this was a known issue,
> or if possibly the update was done incorrectly? Nothing else was
> modified besides the normal procedure for updating.

Can you give us some information about:
  What OS your xymon server uses
  If there is a specific browser which has a problem
  Package install? Source install?
  Web server version

There were may changes made in 4.3.25/26 to protect against cross-site
scripting problems (XSS).

I have confirmed I'm able to ACK on my installation:
  Solaris 10
  Firefox, chrome, IE
  Source compile
  Apache 2.2.31
So the function is there. The question is why do you not have the
capability.

Have you checked your web server error log to see if it is prohibiting
access to the cgi?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services