[Xymon] terabithia vs self compiled

Jason Brockdorf apocalysque at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 03:09:00 CET 2016

This was done on centos 7 minimal install.  I'm documenting the entire process for a project I'm working on (we're upgrading from hobbit) and it take only a few minutes from bare-metal to functioning xymon server.  I highly recommend using the packages.

You may not need the other packages, but I wanted them for my purposes.  It is VERY convenient to use the Terabithia packages instead of installing from source.

I don't know if this helps you or not (or even if it's the right way to do this) since I'm relatively new to all of this but...
This is how I did it (assuming you're setting up a new system, perform these commands as root or using sudo):

yum -y install epel-release wget telnet lz4
wget --directory-prefix=/etc/yum.repos.d http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon/terabithia-xymon.repo
yum -y install xymon
systemctl enable httpd
systemctl start httpd.service
systemctl start xymonlaunch.service
firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-service=http
firewall-cmd --reload

Your xymon apache config will be here: /etc/httpd/conf.d/xymon.conf (works out of the box)
The rest of the xymon config will be in /etc/xymon (also works out of the box)