[Xymon] http tests

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Feb 3 21:57:04 CET 2016

On 2/3/2016 5:27 AM, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> I upgraded our xymon install from 4.3.17 to 4.3.24 and everything was
> very smooth, so thank you very much!
>
> However, I'm seeing some strange issues with http codes that worked fine
> before and now throw red alarms. I have 1 server that throws a red when
> checking an https url: https://server:8443/

It is covered in the release notes:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xymon/files/Xymon/4.3.22/

> The default rules for HTTP response codes have been simplified and made more
> generic:
>     1xx = Warning (when the final code received)
>     2xx = OK
>     3xx = Warning (except 302/303/307 = OK)
>     4xx = Critical
>     5xx = Critical
>
> The specific changes from previous versions are:
>  - 401 and 403 response codes are now considered Critical (were OK)
>  - 301 Permanent Redirect response code is now considered a Warning (was OK)
>  - "Extended" or new HTTP status codes in the 4xx and 5xx range
>    are now considered Critical (unknown codes were previously a Warning

If you would like a return code of 401 to return green instead of red,
use the "httpstatus" test rather than the "http" test.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration