[Xymon] BBwin data sent securely?

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Fri Dec 30 05:43:12 CET 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 08:31:37PM -0800, Tech Support wrote:
>    Anyone have some advice on the easiest way to have BBwin send it's data
>    securely to an external Xymon server so the info can't be read by a
>    middle-man system?  Does it require ssh, vpn, or some other connection
>    method, or is there something built in that I just need to configure?

AFAIK there's no built-in encryption for reporting (although that
would be nice).

I use stunnel on my clients and servers to encapsulate reporting
traffic in an SSL/TLS tunnel. I do that on Linux, but stunnel also
seems to be available for Windows:
https://www.stunnel.org/downloads.html

P.S.: I use port 1983 for my SSL tunnels. Sounded more fitting than
e.g. 1985. ;-)

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe at deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe at noone.org (Mail+Jabber)