[Xymon] 4.3.28 RC1 Released

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Dec 29 04:30:39 CET 2016

Hello all!

4.3.28 RC1 has been released and should now be available on the
SourceForge mirrors. You can download it at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xymon/files/Xymon/4.3.28-rc1/

Notable bug fixes are involve 'summary' message parsing and some
performance and logic problems within xymond_alert that could cause
increased load. Additionally, version-specific TLS testing is now
available for HTTPS checks.

The bundled version of c-ares has been increased to 1.12.0, however it
is still recommended that system libraries be used when available (for
ease of maintenance).

If there were any fixes that I accidentally missed -- or if you notice
any issues with this RC -- please reply back. (I will be building
additional RPMS for testing later on tonight.)

If there are no major outstanding issues, a release version will follow
this weekend or (likely) right after the 1st of the month.

Regards,

-jc