[Xymon] 4.3.28 release before christmas?

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Mon Dec 5 17:49:55 CET 2016

Hi J.C.,

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 06:38:22PM -0800, Japheth Cleaver wrote:
> On 12/4/2016 4:14 PM, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > I wonder if there's a chance to get 4.3.28 out before christmas?
> > Because in that case, I'd be able to get 4.3.28 into the next Debian
> > Stable release.
> >
> > The freeze for the release is on 5th of January 2017 and to be
> > included, new upstream releases must have migrated from Debian
> > Unstable to Debian Testing before that date.

I seem to have mixed up two things: There is a freeze on 5. Jan.
(called "soft freeze"), but it doesn't affect new upstream releases,
just packages which haven't entered Testing yet at all, i.e. brand new
software only packaged very recently. (And that doesn't apply for
Xymon.)

> > Given the 10 days migration period, the last chance for an upload
> > would be on 2016-12-24, preferable earlier so that there's a
> > chance to fix potential issues like unexpected build failures,
> > etc. in time.

So the upload should happen before 24th of January. (But the earlier
the better. :-)

> This should be quite do-able. I'd like to open up things for any
> last minute reports first, then a beta release (as it's been a
> while), then do the final.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe at deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)