[Xymon] Creating C# Script for Custom Alarm

Foster Patch Foster.Patch at accuweather.com
Wed Apr 20 19:19:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

My company used to use a VB Script to monitor ASP.NET Requests, but updating to .NET 4.5 will mess up your perf counters, which results in all data being displayed as 0. I have a C# script I want to use to use on servers by putting it in the ext directory of a local machine. I was wondering if maybe anyone had any resources I could use to see how to integrate my script into Xymon. Or maybe if someone has an example C# script that has been integrated with xymon. Thank you

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Diagnostics;

namespace PerfCounterQuery
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            IntPtr userHandle = new IntPtr(0);
            string hostName = ".";
            string categoryName = "ASP.NET Applications";
            string instanceName = "__Total__";
            string[] counterNames = { "Requests Executing" , "Request Wait Time" , "Requests In Application Queue" , "Request Execution Time" };
            PerformanceCounterCategory cat = new PerformanceCounterCategory(categoryName, hostName);
            List<PerformanceCounter> counters = new List<PerformanceCounter>();
            foreach (string counterName in counterNames)
            {
                if (!PerformanceCounterCategory.CounterExists(counterName, categoryName, hostName))
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("perf counter \"" + counterName + "\" does not exist");
                    return;
                }
                counters.Add(new PerformanceCounter(categoryName, counterName, instanceName, hostName));
            }
            foreach (PerformanceCounter counter in counters)
                Console.WriteLine(counter.CategoryName + " - " + counter.CounterName + " : " + counter.NextValue());
            Console.ReadLine();
        }
    }
}