[Xymon] second administrator

Ian Diddams didds3 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 16:29:17 CEST 2015

xymon 4.3.17

xymon server runs on a centos 6.5 system. Its installed under a user account of hobbit.
For GUI admin purposes (eg enable/disable/acknowledge alerts) we've used the standard unix account ie hobbit.
Our Ops manager has asked if the ops can have a separate account for these GUI admin purposes...  I guess so they can't be accused of breaking anything as the hobbit user!
Firstly I'm not sure this would actually change anything - presumably any such second admin account would in effect need to have the same permissions etc as the hobbit account?
Secondly - i can;t find how to add a second administrator account on such a linux system xymon server ...
any pointers, advice and thoughts gratefully accepted.
cheers
Ian