[Xymon] HELP

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Oct 29 18:26:53 CET 2015

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 9:46 AM, benmchich leila <benmchich.leila at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hey,
> I'm a new user of Xymon,and i've faced a problem while monitoring a website that contains a frameset in the coding,and it also it redirect us to a pop up page.how can i monitor this website?
> Thanks for answering as soon as possible.​
> --
> Networking and telecom engineer
> Intern at EURAFRIC-INFORMATION.

Hi,

What specific error is occurring for you? The URL that xymon is configured to hit should and will be evaluated in the "normal" way... As in, checked for timeouts or HTTP errors and the like. Xymonnet does not do HTML evaluation automatically, however, so if you want to verify that a page within that frame set loads, you should check that URL individually as well.

A line on the hosts.cfg file can have multiple URLs tested; if any of them are down the 'http' test overall will be red. You can also have them separately broken out into individual tests as well.

HTH,
-jc