[Xymon] buffer overflow detected in xymongen (4.3.21)

Axel Beckert beckert at phys.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 2 13:58:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 01:32:51PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Today it finally crashed again after I deployed the debug
> packages. (It's seldom that I'm so happy to see a core dump. ;-)
>
> Here's the [...] oldest one:
[...]
> It's indeed in the WML generation code, should be this line here:
> https://sources.debian.net/src/xymon/4.3.21-1/xymongen/wmlgen.c/#L150

Looking at what status changed in the five minutes before the crash I
found two status reports which had each line lengths of 6576 and 6897
characters, but both far shorter than the MAX_LINE_LEN of 16384
characters

Another thing I could imagine are lines with no trailing newline at
the end. But then again I have no idea where they could come from nor
how I should look for them.

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert at phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT H 6                  voice: +41 44 633 41 89