[Xymon] It it possible to have a test that doesn't propagate status to the xymon page?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Nov 19 18:21:12 CET 2015

On 11/18/2015 5:44 PM, Ribeiro, Glauber wrote:
> I wasn't able to make this work using .default. in hosts.cfg, but it worked as expected when I added it to the command line for xymongen.

Something is fishy. With 4.3.17+ on Solaris it certainly is able to work
on the .default. line. I use it all the time.

   nopropred:+msgs
will add the "msgs" test to the list of tests not to propagate. Putting
it on a hostline will limit its effect to just that host. Putting it on
a .default. line will leave it in effect until the next .default. line.
My configuration uses a new .default. at the top of each display group,
so I know it works reliably.

If it isn't working for you on .default., I suggest confirming:
  the syntax of the tag
  that there isn't another .default. line later

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration