[Xymon] Alert issue

David Welker dewelker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:44:48 CET 2015

Martin,

Thanks!  Makes sense.  I guess the alerts.cfg.5.html file needs to be
changed?  That's where I was looking...
*COLOR=color[,color]* Rule matching an alert by color. Can be "red",
"yellow", or "purple". The forms "!red", "!yellow" and "!purple" can also
be used to NOT send an alert if the color is the specified one.

Well, that fixed my first issue.  Now when the cpu is reporting green, the
--test gives me a "Failed" message as expected, but with the cpu reporting
yellow, I get the same "Failed" message - failed due to color!

Even took xymoncmd out of the equation and the result is the same.
Took out EXSERVICE as well.

Now all I have in alerts.cfg:
PAGE=mypage
  MAIL me at here.com COLOR=%(red|yellow)

..yet when I run:
 xymond_alert --test server.com cpu
I get..
#### DATE TIME Failed 'MAIL me at here.com COLOR=%(red|yellow)' (color)

Any other suggestions?  For example, do I have to restart the server after
making changes to the alerts.cfg file?

Thanks,
David