[Xymon] Alert issue

David Welker dewelker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 19:46:40 CET 2015

I admit, this is my first attempt at alerting, so this may or may not be
user error.  It also could be an issue that is fixed in the latest upgrade
(I'm still on 4.3.21), but before I resort to that (which will be soon
enough), I wanted to make sure I was at least thinking along the right
line...

The cpu column is reporting green.
The entry in alerts.cfg includes a COLOR=yellow parameter.
Running the xymond_alert --test reports (as expected)...
Failed 'MAIN me at here COLOR=yellow EXSERVICE=conn,disk' (color)

If, however, I change the COLOR to red, or even if I just add it
(COLOR=yellow,red), I get the "Mail alert with command 'mail -s...'" line
rather than the failed.  Did I do something wrong?

Funny though, either way I don't actually get the email.

Thanks,
David