[Xymon] Monitoring Old Servers for historical information

Bruno Deschamps bruno at redix.com.br
Tue Nov 10 19:33:56 CET 2015

JC,

Send a fake status works for me.

Thanks again.

De: J.C. Cleaver <cleaver at terabithia.org>
Enviado: terça-feira, 10 de novembro de 2015 00:34
Para: Bruno Deschamps
Cc: Xymon Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Xymon] Monitoring Old Servers for historical information

On Mon, November 9, 2015 6:14 am, Bruno Deschamps wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some servers that are monitored in xymon and work fine.
>
> Some of this server have do be shutdown and i remove then from the
> hosts.cfg.
>
> I need to see this old server on the Xymon page to see some historical
> information.
>
> if i add this server again on hosts.cfg, the server does not show up on
> the page. I think that the server will only show if it sends some data
>
> There is a way that i can see the historical of this server from the xymon
> page?
>
> I still have the histdata and histlog folders for this server

If the server is in hosts.cfg somewhere, then the "direct" history links,
such as
http://monitor.example.net/xymon-cgi/history.sh?HISTFILE=olde.server.name.cpu
,  should still work -- since they're just reading from the flat files in
the hostdata, hist, and histlog directories -- regardless of the lack of
new data coming in.

The easiest way to get the host to be displayed in this case is to send a
fake, absurdly long TTL status message in for each previous status you
want easy access to, and from there drill down to the history link.

I agree, xymon does need a more discrete browsing interface for events
generally (as well as for client hostdata snapshots) outside of the live
status view.

HTH,
-jc