[Xymon] Xymon-4.22-rc3 Available

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Nov 5 02:39:37 CET 2015

On 11/4/2015 4:34 PM, John Thurston wrote:
> While I'd love to have the 'ACCEPTONLY:' tag, I don't think it's ready
> for prime time. I don't think this should hold up 4.3.22 release and
> suggest it be backed out and saved for later.
>
> What I'm seeing after appending the tag to a host:
> "ACCEPTONLY:conn,cpu,disk,diskio,memory,procs,svcs,uptime,who"
>
> I can use my xymon client to feed a status result for test "goo" on
> that host. It is happily accepted. The message content is discarded
> and replaced with the word "data". The test results turn purple after
> some odd amount of time (which I can't yet peg down).
>
> As much as I'd like to have this working, I really think it should wait.

Sadly, I have to concur. Can't believe I missed that in testing, but I
was focused on blocking tests that had already existed, not checking how
new ones we're handled. =/

The problem is the check runs after get_hts(), which means a test record
is already made internally before we've checked for acceptability. This
is something we can revisit and add in in the next rev, since it
actually brings up a few different possible approaches.

I'll leave RC3 up for testing of everything besides that, however.

Regards,
-jc