[Xymon] Xymon-4.22-rc3 Available

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Nov 5 01:34:25 CET 2015

On 11/4/2015 1:52 PM, Japheth Cleaver wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> Xymon-4.3.22-rc3 is now available on SourceForge:https://sourceforge.net/projects/xymon/files/Xymon/4.3.22/
>
> The largest change *since rc1/2* is the addition of the 'ACCEPTONLY:' semantic to restrict a specific hosts.cfg entry to a defined set of tests (all other tests for that host will be silently discarded).
. . .
> Please give it a test if you have a chance. I expect this will be the last RC before the 4.3.22 release unless major issues pop up.

While I'd love to have the 'ACCEPTONLY:' tag, I don't think it's ready
for prime time. I don't think this should hold up 4.3.22 release and
suggest it be backed out and saved for later.

What I'm seeing after appending the tag to a host:
"ACCEPTONLY:conn,cpu,disk,diskio,memory,procs,svcs,uptime,who"

I can use my xymon client to feed a status result for test "goo" on that
host. It is happily accepted. The message content is discarded and
replaced with the word "data". The test results turn purple after some
odd amount of time (which I can't yet peg down).

As much as I'd like to have this working, I really think it should wait.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration