[Xymon] Terabithia 4.3.20 RPM reqs (was Re: Xymon RPMs and)

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue May 19 18:01:50 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 7:43 am, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:
> Hi JC,
>
> When I try to install the 4.3.20 client the install fails with "Requires:
> liblz4.so.1()(64bit)", however in your documentation it seems like that
> package is optional.  Can you clarify if this is a mistake in the package
> or documentation?  Or is that package really a requirement?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Scot Kreienkamp | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate

Hi Scot,

The Terabithia RPM is built with it; since it's not using weak symbols,
it's a library requirement... It's the enabling and using of compression
itself that's optional there. Sorry for any confusion.

This is detected at compile time, though, so if you rebuild the SRPM on a
system without 'lz4-devel' it won't be present as a Requires in the binary
packages that result.

The versions in EPEL and Fedora 19+ should satisfy the dependency, and
EL3/EL4/Fedora18 RPMs are posted in the respective repos.

HTH,
-jc