[Xymon] good or bad html "tags" not showing in web page "msgs" report

Shawn Heisey hobbit at elyograg.org
Sat Mar 14 07:27:37 CET 2015

On 3/13/2015 8:34 PM, Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> What if the standard entry was extended:
>
>     log:/var/log/messages:10240
>     log:/var/log/file-with-html:10240:html
>
> That would allow any log file to be designated for url-encoding before
> being uploaded to Xymon, without breaking existing configurations.
>
> Or did I miss the point of the original question?

That would be perfect, for the main reason you mentioned:  Existing
configs will see no difference.  The :html config could be included in
sample configs and in documentation ... new users will not be troubled
by the problem I've encountered, and an exiting user can convert their
config if they need that feature.

Tangent question: Is the color status icon for logfile entries generated
by the server, or the client with "&red" or similar text?  If it is
generated by the server, then I don't think logfile HTML conversion
would need to worry about things like &red.

Thanks,
Shawn