[Xymon] No Interface graphs for hosts on CentOS 7..

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri Mar 13 03:08:06 CET 2015

On Wed, March 11, 2015 9:53 pm, Jeremy Laidman wrote:
> On 12 March 2015 at 04:42, Rolf Brusletto <rolf at glptrading.com> wrote:
>
>> I googled, and couldn't find anything regarding this, but I'm not seeing
>> any interface graphs for hosts with CentOS7 / RedHat 7, and I'm trying
>> understand why. RPMs freshly built from 4.3.18 for CentOS7, the client
>> is
>> running 4.3.18, and the server is 4.3.9. Is there some sort of
>> incompatability here with the output from ifconfig or ifstat?
>>

> The client data parser looks for interface counters in the [ifstat]
> section
> of the client data message. I don't have a RHEL7/CentOS7 system to
> compare,
> but it could be that the format of "ifstat" is different.
>
> First, see if your client messages contain an [ifstat] section.  You can
> get to your client message by viewing the "conn" status page for the
> server
> and then clicking on "Client data" link.

The layout has changed a little bit, but it's still parse-able by the
default tools.

A bigger issue is that in the fancy new late-Fedora/EL7 world, "ifconfig"
is deprecated (actually, it's apparently been deprecated for like a decade
in favor of 'ip', but I don't know anyone who doesn't use it) thanks to
the move away from SysV initscripts and is no longer installed by default.

Ensure that the "net-tools" RPM is installed if it isn't already; if you
have a blank ifstat section, this is most likely the case.

HTH,

-jc