[Xymon] Ways to graph stats from BIND

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Mar 12 02:14:32 CET 2015

On 12 March 2015 at 08:34, Bruce Ferrell <bferrell at baywinds.org> wrote:

> named won't even start with the specified configuration stanza

I couldn't get it to work either, because I didn't have libxlm2 installed.

What is the output of "named -V"?  Does it show "--with-libxml2"?

Newer versions of BIND (I think 9.10) can also provide stats in JSON
format.  This is probably going to be easier to parse for injection into
Xymon.

The XML format appears to be designed (or at least useful) for displaying
in a browser, as it includes style sheets for human consumption.