[Xymon] mixing red and yellow alerts in a --test check

Ian Diddams didds3 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 11:09:10 CET 2015

is there  a way to mix a --test page check between alert colours?

I can use eg

server/bin/xymond_alert --test TESTBOX  http --color=yellow --duration=120 --time=1425224089  server/bin/xymond_alert --test TESTBOX  http --color=red --duration=2 --time=1425224089

but I want to check a combination of the two - when the two hour yellow alert (set to not page) is followed by the tow minute red alert (which shoud not page for 30 minutes)
The context of this is that we are being paged for the red alert which in itself has not reached the 30 minute duration configured and we belive its because the red iummediately follows the yellow and the COMBINED alert duration exceeds 30 minutes.
the alerts.cfg entry is
HOST=TESTBOX SERVICE=http TIME=w:0000:0759,w:1830:2359,06:0000:2359 COLOR=red
  MAIL check at xxx.co.uk DURATION>30m REPEAT=15

the --test paging check works as expected and correctly  for color=red and testing with durations of 29 and 31 minutes The http check itself is an external script which has worked fine for years and years and years.  it is purely this combination of yellow and red alerts that we suspect is the reason for our otherwise unexpected paging (unexpected throughout naivety I hasten to add :-)
cheers
ian