[Xymon] non-blinking icons (nb-red.gif et al) for Xymon status?

Andrew Rakowski landrew at pnnl.gov
Thu Mar 5 01:14:53 CET 2015

I went looking through the Xymon mailing list archive, and saw references
to "nb" (non-blinking) GIFs in the past, but I don't see any files with
"nb" in their names (besides a client for "openbsd" and "xymonbody.css")
in the xymon build or installed directories.  This is Xymon-4.3.18, built
from source on RedHat RHEL-6.6 Linux.

Since I often have a Xymon display running either in a VM that's VPN'd to
a different project network, or displayed on a remote desktop display, the
constant display change from the "blinking", "winking" and "pulsing" icons
drive a lot of unnecessary network traffic and/or CPU time.

Do I need to dig back into the BigBrother files to find the non-blinkers,
am I just looking in the wrong place (or for the wrong names), or do I
need to make some new ones?  They used to be called "nb-red.gov",
"nb-yellow.gif" and "nb-purple.gif", at least on my BigBrother server.

Cheers,

-Andrew